Antonio Benítez Ostos
Is of Counsel for the Public and Regulatory Law Department of the firm.
He originally worked at the UVERTON ABOGADOS law firm, of which he’s currently a partner. Prior to this, he was a Senior Associate in the Public and Regulatory Department at Andersen Tax & Legal and Head of the Department of Administrative and Contentious Law at Administrativo de Martínez-Echevarría Abogados, in their offices in Madrid and Córdoba.
He specialise in all areas related to administrative and contentious law, chiefly public procurement, water, mines and the environment, sanctioning procedures, taxes, forced expropriations, civil services, property liability, town planning, subsidies, regulated industries and contentious and administrative appeals of all kinds.
Degree in Law from the Faculty of Law, Economics and Business Science of Córdoba. 2003 – 2008.
Master’s degree in Energy Law from the National Institute of Energy and Spanish Energy Club -ENERCLUB-. 2013 – 2014.
Expert level course in Public Contracting. University of Deusto. 2011-2012.
Successful applicant in the Secretariat category, Local Administration Entry level. 2008-2011.
Public Law Professor at Loyola University Andalusia. 2019-2020.
– ‘The necessary motivation of guilt in tax sanctioning proceedings’.
Coautoría. Confilegal. September 2018.
– ‘Partial unconstitutionality of the recent Law of the Common Administrative Procedure of Public Administrations’. Coutoría. Confilegal. July 2018.
– ‘Legal loophole for some, niche market for others: Taxi Vs Cabify or Uber’. Coautoría. Aranzadi. February 2018.
– ‘SMEs will have easier access to public procurement’. Coautoría. El Economista, December 2017.
– ‘The need to give sufficient reasons for refusing a public official a permit for his own affairs’. Actualidad Administrativa Journal. Grupo Wolters Kluwer. La Ley Publishers. February 2014.
– ‘Specialising in Law as a guarantee of professional success’. Blogcanalprofesional. Grupo Wolters Kluwer. La Ley Publishers. January 2014.
– ‘Sponsorship contract in the public sector: private nature with partial subjection to the TRLCSP’. Blogcanalprofesional. Grupo Wolters Kluwer. La Ley Publishers. January 2014.
– ‘Linked companies and public bidding: an incompatible binomial?’. Observatorio de Contratación Pública. August 2013.
– ‘Double administrative silence in the face of the Jurisprudence in our Courts of Justice’. Noticias Jurídicas. May 2013.
– ‘Administrative silence for planning permissions: an issue of the past?’. Noticias Jurídicas. January 2013.
– ‘Economic crisis and public procurement’. Contratación Administrativa Práctica Journal. Grupo Wolters Kluwer. La Ley Publishers. November 2012.
– ‘The special appeal and other Spanish public procurement review mechanisms.’ Noticias Jurídicas. September 2012.
Andalucía Excelente Prize
Andalucía Excelente Prize, in the Administrative Law category, granted for legal training in this field, professional career and impact. 2017.